The Madlyn E. Fort Health Sciences Scholarship was established by Dr. and Mrs. Kyle and Ann Fort as a perpetual memorial to Dr. Fort’s mother, Madlyn E. Fort. One full-time scholarship and four part-time scholarships will be awarded.
Criteria for Selection
- Full-time scholarship applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester hours.
- Part-time scholarship applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 semester hours.
- The student must maintain a 2.5 grade point average.
- The student must be enrolled in accredited health science courses.
- The applicant must submit high school or college reports showing achievement in health science courses, employment or other volunteer work in health sciences, along with three written references verifying the applicant’s interest in health sciences from a person engaged in a health sciences career.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need and household income 125% below the federal poverty guideline.